Quick StartThe quickest way to get a peek at the functionality of ToasterBox popups is to download the newest version of the Activator-X.X-exe.zip program from the files section of SourceForge. Activator is a very small app (636k). Its only purpose is to demonstate the ToasterBox class.
Make sure you extract all the files from the zip to the same directory, or it will complain about not being able to find its background image.
Compiling activator.exeIf you want to recompile the activator.exe follow these steps:
- Download the newest version of the Activator and ToasterBox source
- Stick all the files in the SAME DIRECTORY!
- Open up the project file (.dsw)
- Make sure you have a new(ish) version of the wxWidgets .lib's in your search path
Using ToasterBox in your own program.There are 2 ways to use ToasterBox in your program:
- Way #1: Compile ToasterBox from source and make a .lib out of it.
The vc++ project is included and doing this should not be hard.
Include the toasterbox headers in your project.
- Way #2: Include all the ToasterBox files in your own project and include the ToasterBox.h in your main .cpp file.